Thursday, April 29, 2010

Leona Lewis gives Simon Cowell's 'lovely' fiancée Mezhgan Hussainy her seal of approval

By Lizzie Smith

Happy: Leona Lewis, posing in a stunning series of pictures, is pleased her mentor Simon Cowell is getting married and calls his fiancée 'lovely'


Leona Lewis has given her mentor Simon Cowell's fiancée Mezhgan Hussainy her backing - describing the make-up artist as 'lovely'.

The singer, currently based near the couple in Los Angeles, says 'She has the Leona Lewis seal of approval'.

X Factor supremo Cowell, 50, proposed to Mezhgan on Valentine's Day and gave her a £250,000 diamond engagement ring.


Lovely: Leona is a fan of Simon Cowell's girlfriend Mezhgan Hussainy

But while Leona is pleased for the couple, she has no plans to follow them down the aisle.

The 25-year-old, who has been dating childhood sweetheart Lou Al-Chamaa for seven-and-a-half years, says she is happy with things as they are.

'I don’t want to speak for him, but you just kind of make it work,' she told this month's InStyle magazine, as she posed for a stunning set of pictures. 'That’s partnership.

'I always try to maintain my private life. My private life is the most precious thing to me.

'I’m passionate about my music but...'

Leona also rubbished claims she had slimmed down from a size 14 to a 10.
'For a start, I’ve never been a 14,' she said. 'But I have probably lost a little.

'I watch what I eat and eat really healthily most of the time, but other times, I’ll just eat what I want.

'I don’t drink. I haven’t for years. It tastes like hairspray to me – I can have a great time without alcohol.

'I don’t need that to get me up on the dancefloor – I’m there already. I’ll sometimes have a little Red Bull. That’s my little buzz.'


In great shape: Leona shows off her toned figure in a shoot for InStyle magazine - but says she doesn't diet


The full interview is in this month's InStyle magazine, on sale now


But while she may not have dieted, preparing for her first tour has helped Leona get in shape.

The tour is based on the Eighties fantasy adventure film Labyrinth starring David Bowie.

'There’ll be jumping around, dance numbers, big ballads, an acoustic set.

'A real musical journey. Expect everything. Just very weird and wonderful and atmospheric.'

And the Happy singer, once dubbed 'too nice', laughs off any suggestion that fame is changing her.

'I think that once people get to know me, they see that I’m a feisty person,' she said.

'I’m very fiery and very passionate.'

Leona, a staunch vegetarian, says she would never compromise her beliefs.

'I really believe in standing up for what you believe in,' she said. 'So many people in entertainment are just out for the money and that’s not what I’m about.

'I’d never take money for something that goes against my beliefs.'

Leona starts her first UK arena tour on May 28. Her second album Echo is out now.


source: dailymail

No comments:

Post a Comment