Thursday, July 8, 2010

'He is so talented': Vanessa Paradis talks about her admiration - and fear - of partner Johnny Depp

By Georgina Littlejohn

Johnny's girl: Vanessa Paradis poses for a rare interview in which she opened up to about her 12-year relationship with actor Johnny Depp


She is the mysterious French beauty who has captured and kept the heart of a Hollywood heartthrob for 12 years.

Vanessa Paradis says she has been lucky in her relationship with Johnny Depp - but she would never work with him.

The model and actress, who rarely gives interviews, has opened up about her actor beau, with whom she has two children, and her admiration for his talent.

But she says she would never work with Depp, 47, on a movie as she would be too scared.

In an interview with Marie Claire magazine, Vanessa, 37, said they were both going to be on the set of Terry Gilliam's film Don Quixote, before filming was stopped.
And Vanessa said that in a way, she was actually relieved.

She said: ' Frankly, the thought of filming with him would scare me to death. It’s not that I don’t want to, but I would be frightened that I wouldn’t be up to his standard because he’s so talented. And I don’t know if I would be able to lie in front of him.'

And she said that the couple very rarely talk about work, unless they're making plans to spend time with each other and their children, Lily-Rose, 11, and eight-year-old John Christopher.


Ooh la la! Vanessa shows off her petite frame in a gold and white military-style jacket and hot pants


Vanessa said: 'We don’t really speak a lot about work when we’re together. We just try to organise ourselves so we can spend as much time as possible together.'

The couple met in first met in the lobby of the Hôtel Costes in Paris in 1998 when Depp was supposedly still dating supermodel Kate Moss.

Twelve years later, she said they keep thei passion alive by giving each other the space they need.

She explained: 'The fact that we’re not together every day plays a big part in keeping our relationship stable. And then we also have a lot of respect and admiration for each other.

'We understand that, if we want our relationship to continue, we must give each other space, allow each other to go off on our own, and trust each other. Not everyone is lucky enough to be given space and trust.'


Beaded lady: Vanessa shows exactly what has kept Johnny by her side as she oozes sex appeal in this black-and-white shot


'You’re really lucky if you find someone you can trust when you spend time apart. But it’s more complicated than that. Keeping love alive should be like the way you live your life.

'You don’t eat the same meal every day, you don’t read the same book, you don’t listen to the same CD. When you are a couple, you need to go off alone and discover things for yourself.'

And she said what she most loves and admires about Depp is his 'immense loyalty'


AUG2010.jpgVanessa's full interview is in Marie Claire's August issue out tomorrow


She gushed: 'I could make an endless list of all the things I admire about him, but above all I admire his immense loyalty. I love watching him when he’s thoughtful or involved in something.

'I love observing him when he is talking to people. I love seeing how he deals with situations… I could go on and on, tell you I admire him as an actor, as a father and as the man he is for me.

'But more than anything, I admire him as a person. Not only when he is talking to me or his mother, but as a person in the world, in all kinds of situations. I think he is magnificent. Truly magnificent.'

Vanessa, who shot to fame at the age of 14 with her single Joe Le Taxi, is starring in a new film called L’arnacoeur - Heartbreaker in English - which was released in the UK last Friday and is being billed as the French Love Actually.

She said: 'I had no idea that it would be such a success. But I think everyone wants to see a movie like Heartbreaker once in a while. I like the script. It’s very charming, fresh and really well-edited, the latter being so important.


Heartbreaker: Vanessa and her co-star Romain Duris in a scene from her new film L'arnacoeur


Vanessa first modeled with Chanel with she was 18, and said that it changed her life.

And having being thrust into the spotlight after her debut single, she said she didn't know if she would want her children to have the same life.

She added: 'To sing and be in the public eye at 14 years old is not something everyone experiences. But do I now wish for the same thing for my children? I don’t know – I would need to think about it for a long time before I could give you an answer


Mutual love and respect: Vanessa with Johnny Depp, whom she has been with for 12 years


source: dailymail

No comments:

Post a Comment