Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Before the haircut: Teenage sensation Justin Bieber opens up his family album for Oprah

By Daily Mail Reporter

My, how you've grown: Teen heartthrob Justin Bieber showed Oprah Winfrey an adorable snap of himself as a toddler


His boyish good looks and charm have already earned him the status of an international teenage heartthrob.

And it looks like singing sensation Justin Bieber could be getting a few more fans to add to his growing army of supporters after revealing pictures of himself as a cute, grinning toddler.

The 16-year-old star showed off the childhood snap during his appearance on the Oprah Winfrey Show this week.


Opening up to Oprah: The 16-year-old told the chat show queen he is just a 'normal' teenager who still gets grounded by his mother


Oprah also broadcast videos of Bieber performing in his bedroom before his rise to fame.

The films, which were posted on YouTube by his mother Patti Mallette, were spotted by Bieber's now manager, Scooter Braun.

Braun introduced him to R&B star Usher and the pair signed him to the Raymond Braun Media Group, and then to a recording contract with Island Records.

Justin also told Oprah how he still gets grounded - despite being one of the most famous teenagers in the world.


Dreaming on fame: Viewers also saw a video clip of the star singing in his bedroom as a young boy

The singing sensation has confessed that his Mum confiscates his phone and laptop if he breaks her rules and misbehaves.

Bieber also has to be home by 10pm and ask his mother if he wants to spend money.

'I don't really have an allowance. When I want to get something I just have to ask my Mom,' he said.

'I usually have to be home by 10 o'clock and my Mom takes my computer away at 10.30pm every night.'


Talented: Justin strums on a guitar in one of the video clips that got him noticed


Bieber, who sent Oprah's audience into a frenzy when he walked out on stage, told how he found himself grounded just a week before the show was taped.

'I got my phone taken away for like four days,' he said.

'Because I'm travelling so much my Mom takes thing I really, really like - like my computer or my phone.'

Oprah then asked him: 'You don't say "Mom I can't get grounded, I'm Justin Bieber?'"


Hitting the right note: The films were posted on YouTube by his mother Patti Mallette and were spotted by Bieber's now manager, Scooter Braun


'She would slap me in the face if I said that,' he laughed.

Bieber, who recently returned from a promotional tour of Australia, revealed he tries to take off one day a week to be a 'regular kid' and play basketball or see his friends.

'Sometimes that day I just sleep all day, because from the six days before that I'm exhausted,' he said.

The teenager's mother Pattie Mallette, who was in Oprah's studio audience, added that they had a reliable circle of people who ensure Bieber stays down to earth.


Centre stage: The teen star also performed on the programme


Bieber fever: Fans in the audience screamed as he walked on stage


'He's got such a great team around him,' she said.

'He's got Scooter [Braun] and the team around us is there to protect his character and treat him like a kid, and to make sure he has fun and stays grounded.'

Asked what it is like to be confronted with hoards of screaming girls everywhere he goes, Bieber admitted: 'It's pretty hard to comprehend.

'Everything's just kind of surreal,' he said. 'All my fans are truly supportive on Twitter and everything. I'm just really glad that I get to do what I love.'


Supportive: Justin's mother Patti Mallette, right, and manager Scooter Braun were also in the audience


source :dailymail

No comments:

Post a Comment