Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Simon Cowell demonstrates his love for fiancée Mezhgan Hussainy with a kiss on TV... but keeps his eyes open

By Emily Sheridan

Kiss me quick: Simon Cowell shares an awkward kiss with fiancée Mezhgan Hussainy on the Tonight Show with Jay Leno

He's famed for his caustic put-downs on American Idol and The X Factor.

But last night, Simon Cowell showed a very different side to his personality as he shared a kiss with fiancée Mezhgan Hussainy on U.S. TV.

Moments after uncharacteristically blushing about their relationship, Cowell puckered up with his girlfriend on the sofa - but, rather unromantically, kept his eyes open.

After weeks of trying to deny their engagement, the 50-year-old finally confirmed they were getting married - in a very roundabout way on the Tonight Show.

When asked by Jay Leno if he was engaged, a flushed Cowell replied: 'Are they true? Well, I do have somebody in my life now, Jay, yes. And I kinda made a decision this year to make somebody happy.'

Despite his apparent coy behaviour over his lovelife, his decision to appear on Leno with Hussainy and kiss on TV shows he's not so averse to publicising his relationship as he would like fans to believe.

Pointing out Hussainy's huge £250,000 diamond engagement ring, Leno joked: 'I thought she broke her arm.'

Cowell agreed: 'It's quite a big one, yes.'


Flustered: Cowell goes red as host Jay Leno quizzes him about his lovelife

When the music mogul lost his cool and started turning red, Leno teased him.
Cowell acknowledged: 'I am blushing.'

The X Factor judge was rumoured to have proposed to Hussainy, 36, on Valentine's Day, but he refused to clarify how it took place.

He said: 'I find this very uncomfortable. I was asleep, I think. No, look, I bought her the ring in London.'

Leno then further embarrassed Cowell when he spotted the make-up artist in the audience and invited her to join her fiancé on stage.


Long wait: Cowell said he would get married at some point in the 'next 10 years'

Contradicting reports he will wed this summer, Cowell said he wanted a wedding 'in the next 10 years'.

He added: 'I'm kind of torn because I'm a bit too old to have kids, but then again I think it would be important to have a lot of me's around in the future.'

When the engagement rumours first appeared three weeks ago, Cowell's publicist Max Clifford denied he was planning to wed.

He said: 'I spoke to Simon in London yesterday afternoon, just before he took his flight back to LA.

'I asked him, "Look, are you engaged? Is it true?" and he said, "No! No. I'm not engaged."


What a tease: Jay Leno mocks Cowell

'Yes, they are an item. Yes, they're happy. But they're not engaged. That's straight from Simon's mouth.'

Cowell's turnaround comes as a complete surprise after he previously criticised the idea of marriage during his seven year relationship with model Terri Seymour.

He said two years ago: 'Marriage is the most ridiculous contract in the world. It's just crazy. Without any legal advice you sign this binding contract and you are not sure where you are going to be in 10 years' time.

'Marriage is not for me. It just feels really out of date. When you've worked hard for your money, you've got to look after yourself.'


Making it official: Cowell and Hussainy made their first public date as a couple at Elton John's Oscar party on Sunday


source: dailymail

No comments:

Post a Comment