Tuesday, March 16, 2010

'Jennifer and I are just friends,' insists Gerard Butler

Smart: Jennifer Aniston arrived in New York over the weekend to continue the publicity tour for The Bounty Hunter

After embracing Jennifer Aniston at the London premiere of their new film The Bounty Hunter last week, Gerard Butler did little to dispel rumours the couple were dating in real-life.

But despite their flirty body language and a trip to Mexico together last month, the Scottish actor insists the pair are 'just friends'.

The 300 star, 40, even admits he enjoys the rumours because they deflect attention from the women he is really linked with.


Just good friends: Gerard Butler cosied up to Aniston at the London premiere of The Bounty Hunter last Thursday


He said: 'I went for her birthday to Mexico. We're just friends.

'We have a natural chemistry - you can see it in our magazine shoot (W) and the film. We have a great time together.

'But here's the thing - while they're accusing me of being with Jennifer, I've probably been off somewhere else doing some damage with someone else.'

Butler has something of a reputation as being a ladies man in Hollywood, which he insists isn't as true as he would like.

After leaping to worldwide fame with 300, Butler admits he sleeps with fewer women over fears they will spill the details to a magazine or newspaper.


'Natural chemistry': Butler said the romance rumours are deflecting from his real-life romantic exploits


He told Men's Health magazine: 'I get laid less now than I used to, because I’m way more paranoid now. Look at f***ing Tiger Woods.

'I mean, I’m nowhere near as naughty as I used to be, partly because I did a lot of that when I was drinking.

'I’m not saying I’ve cut that part out. I’m certainly no angel. There’s no smoke without fire.'

Since moving to Hollywood five years ago, Butler has only had two relationships.

He explained: 'My last two girlfriends - one was two years, the other 18 months - nobody ever found out I was dating them. I'm pretty good at keeping that silent.

I’m not a big relationship guy. One of my vices is, I’m too wrapped up in myself and not always in a good way.'

During their brief trip to London last week for the premiere of The Bounty Hunter last Thursday, Aniston said she found the romance rumours between them insulting.

She told GMTV: 'You know there's all this stuff about calculating... that me and Gerry are in this fake relationship for the press of our movie or the selling of it.

'It's just so insulting at the same time, but again it's the story... I'm getting to a better place in understanding that they're just making money.'


Sizzling: Aniston plays an investigative reporter on the run from her bounty hunter ex, played by Butler in The Bounty Hunter


source: dailymail

No comments:

Post a Comment