Monday, February 1, 2010

Mind my bunions! Barefoot Posh hit by a (tiny) wave as she dips her toes in the Pacific

Washout: Victoria Beckham looked very uneasy as she was hit by a tiny wave as she attempted to play Earth Mother on Malibu beach over the weekend


After bravely insisting on sticking with the stilettos, it seems Victoria Beckham has finally conceded defeat in the battle of the bunions.

The 35-year-old fashion victim, who until now wouldn't be seen dead in anything but high heels, has started wearing flat shoes at last.

She opted for flip flops as she strolled in California with her youngest son Cruz, four, displaying the reddened and raised toe joint which is the curse of the bunion sufferer


Somebody save me! Cruz was busy having a good time as Posh struggled in the surf


Ouch: The star's bulging bunions

Posh has also been photographed wearing trainers and ballet pumps in the past month.
Since she has previously declared that she 'couldn't concentrate' in flat shoes, this is being seen as a sign that her bunions have become just too painful to cope with killer heels.

A bunion is a bony bump at the base of the big toe joint. This becomes painfully inflamed when shoes rub against it - a problem made worse by high heels which throw the body weight forward.

Mother-of-three Victoria has already been advised to have a bunionectomy, which involves the surgeon cutting into the toe joint then re-aligning the toe bone and securing it with screws.

Such a procedure would obviously mean she would have to take time off from her busy work schedule and force her out of her heels for months.

And that would be agony for the woman who said: 'I can't concentrate in flats. I could go to the gym if I wore flats. I'd love to go to the gym but I just can't get my head around the footwear. I beyond hate ballerina flats. I can't walk in them.

Unless they're on a ballet dancer doing ballet, I just don't get it. I love heels.'


Dirty work: Barefoot Victoria couldn't have looked more uncomfortable as she got down to earth


Family time: Posh gives her son a hug and then tries to muster enthusiasm for building sandcastles


They're diggin' it: At least Cruz and Rome enjoyed the activity


Cave woman: Posh went exploring with little Cruz in tow


On duty: Posh is looking after the kids while David is away in Italy


I need a manicure! Grimacing Posh doesn't seem to like getting her hands dirty


In her usual attire: A well-heeled Victoria


source: dailymail

No comments:

Post a Comment